Federal Skilled Worker


Federal Skilled Worker – The FSW category is prescribed as a class of persons who are skilled workers, who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada, and who intend to reside in a province other than Quebec.

Program requirements

  • Proof of language proficiency CLB 7 in all four skills
  • Foreign Educational Credential Assessment by
  • Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
  • International Credentials Assessment Service of Canada
  •  World Education Services
  • Medical Council of Canada
  •  Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada
  • 1 year of continuous full-time (or equivalent) paid work experience within the last 10 years

Work experience must be on the following categories of NOC  0,A,B

  • Category  O (zero) — Managerial positions Examples: Manager of a restaurant, hotel, Manager in the field of mining industry, etc.
  • Category  A — Professions which require University Diploma Examples: Doctors, Architectures, University professors, Financial analytics, PR specialists, Marketing specialists
  • Category B — Professions which require College Diploma or Trade Certificate Examples: chefs, electricians, cabinetmakers, carpenters, joiners


  • Completed 2 year toward PhD (for enrolled PhD students
  • In good academic standings ( for enrolled students)
  • Graduated no more than 12 months before application (for graduated PhD students)

0013 Senior managers –financial, communication, other business services

2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health & occupational health & safety

3011 Nursing coordinators & supervisors

0015 Senior managers –trade, broadcasting, other services

2113 Geoscientists & oceanographers

3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists & cardiopulmanory technologists

ü  0111 Financial managers 2131 Civil engineers2132 Mechanical engineers2145 Petroleum engineers

3012 Registered nurses & psychiatric nurses

3111 Specialist physicians

0112 Human resources managers

2133 Electrical & electronics engineers

3215 Medical radiation technologists

0113 Purchasing managers

1212 Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers

2171 Information systems analysts

2281 Computer network technicians

2173 Software engineers & designers

3132 Dietitians & nutritionists

3141 Audiologists & speech-language pathologists

0121 Insurance, real estate and financial brokerage managers

2174 Computer programmers & interactive media developers

3142 Physiotherapists

3143 Occupational Therapists

0311 Managers in health care

2232 Mechanical engineering technologists/technicians

3112 General practitioners & family physicians

0711 Construction managers

2234 Construction estimators

3216 Medical sonographers

0712 Home building & renovation managers

2241 Electrical & Electronics engineering technologists/technics

3233 Licensed practical nurses

3234 Paramedical occupations

0811 Managers in natural resources production & fishing

2243 Industrial instrument technicians & mechanics

4011 University professors & lecturers

0911 Manufacturing managers

1123 PR, Advertising, Marketing

1224 Property administrators

4214 Early childhood educators & assistants

1111 Financial Auditors

1112 Financial & investment analysts

1113 Sec. agents, investment brokers

1114 Other financial officers

2172 database analysts & data administrators

4151 Psychologists

5125 Translators, terminologists, interpreters



Your contact information

Your personal profile

Civil husband / wife: the person with whom you live together for at least 12 months

Marital Status

What is your Country of Residence
What is your preferred destination in Canada?
Do you have any Dependent Children?

Dependent Children includes all unmarried children that are financially dependent on you, who are less than 19 years old. How many dependent children do you have, according to the following age groups:

12 years and younger
13 to 18 years
19 years and older

Pre-existing Express Entry profile

Have you previously submitted an Express Entry profile to Citizenship and Immigration Canada?

Your Personal Net Worth

Your Personal Net Worth is the current value of all the assets (e.g. properties, investments, stocks, bonds, bank accounts) that you (and your spouse/common-law partner, if applicable) personally own, MINUS the current value of all your combined personal liabilities (e.g. mortgages, loans, credit card balances).

Choose Currency
Net Worth

Your Language Skills

  • ADVANCED: (equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark 9).
  • HIGH INTERMEDIATE: (equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark 8).
  • INTERMEDIATE: (equivalent to Canadian Language Benchmark 7).
  • LOW INTERMEDIATE: (at least Canadian Language Benchmark 5).
  • BASIC: (at least Canadian Language Benchmark 3).





Your Education and Training

Have you completed high school (secondary school)?
Have you received any education or training other than high school (secondary school)?
Type of program
Duration of the program
What study?
Country of study
Have you completed the program?

Your Work History

Have you ever worked in Canada in a skilled occupation for at least one year?
Have you done any paid work any where in the world during the last 10 years?
How long have you been working in this specialty?
Occupation / Position
Place of work

Canadian Job Offer

Do you have a written job offer from a Canadian employer?
Is this job offer related to your most recent field of study?

Family and Friends in Canada

Do you have any family members, relatives, or close friends living in Canada?

Your Spouse/Common-Law Partner's Information


Your Spouse/Common-Law Partner's English Language Skills


Your Spouse/Common-Law Partner's French Language Skills


Your Spouse/Common-Law Partner's Occupation

Please provide information about your Spouse or Common-Law Partner's work experience

Has your Spouse or Common-Law Partner ever worked in Canada in a skilled occupation for at least one year?

Your Spouse/Common-Law Partner's Education

Has your Spouse/Common-Law Partner completed high school (secondary school)?
Has your Spouse/Common-Law Partner received any education or training other than high school (secondary school)?

Questions and Comments